Thursday, October 26, 2006

10-20-06

Colin is starting to talk. He's been saying the usual "dada" and "mama" for a while now, but now he's rapidly learning new words. He goes around the house pointing at things wanting us to name them. I don't remember this with Natalie. She just started talking. He is far more reserved than she was. It's fun to watch his development.

This morning he was "reading a book". It was a Barney book, but he was singing E-I-E-I-O from "Old MacDonald" and making farm noises.

His pronunciation is a little off. He calls his uncle George "Dutch" and cries out "Bug Bomb" every time we turn on Sponge-Bob.

Sponge Bob is his favorite show. We had a Sponge-Bob marathon the other night for about 2 hours. Fortunately I enjoy it too. Natalie's favorite show was Barney, which didn't do much for me. It's fascinating how kids love one show so much. They can stay glued for an hour, but barely sit still for similar shows.

Natalie is in 4th grade now. They teach "partial-sums" arithmetic now which I never learned. We always just counted on our fingers until they invented calculators.

That's about it around our house. Sponge Bob, Old McDonald, and Partial Sums Arithmetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home